cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Harunobu Oyama ...@telensa.com>
Subject table/field names with more than one words
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:38:33 GMT
Hi,

This is my firs post to this ML.

I am using Cayenne 3.1.1 with PostreSQL 9.x.
We build our data model on a DB modeling tool, export DDL and execute it on
PostgreSQL, and then import the schema to Cayenne using SmartNamingStrategy.
In our naming convention, all names in DB are all UPPERCASELIKETHIS.

It gives good looking names as long as the table/filed names are just one
word.

What is the recommended way or good practice when the table names / field
names
consist of more than one word? The possible options I can think of are:

Option-1: amend the object/attribute names one by one on CayenneModeler
Option-2: give physical names on DB schema in CamelNotation.

As I am against editing names one by one manually, I was thinking to use
Option-2,
however, it is against our naming convention. We will change our convention
if it is
necessary, but I was wondering how other people are handling this.

Could you share your views on this, please?

Best regards,
Harunobu Oyama