cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Multiple relationships from inheritance tree
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 07:06:04 GMT
This is a known bug, and we already had a fix pending review:

https://github.com/apache/cayenne/pull/92

So I did just that. It fixes the problem in my tests.

Also note that it explicitly disables sync button for subentities, as it can't be made to
work reliably with the current mapping approach. In the future (probably past 4.0) we are
planning to allow setting an explicit root table for each v-inheritance subentitity, making
sync possible again.

Let me know if you need help with doing a fresh build of CayenneModeler from master. Such
an upgrade will be a bit invasive though, as it bumps up the version of project XML, and will
make your projects incompatible with earlier modeler versions.

Andrus

> On Jul 13, 2016, at 9:56 PM, Ken Anderson <ken.anderson@amphorainc.com> wrote:
>
> Hello list!
>
> I have a question about how/why something happens in the Cayenne Modeler (4.0M3).
>
> When I have a DBEntity with a relationship to a super-entity and I sync it with its ObjEntity,
the ObjEntity gets a relationship for every potential class under (and including) the target
DBEntity’s ObjEntity.

> Is this correct?  Can Cayenne not handle a relationship to a super entity?
>
> It’s not clear if I should rename them (right now they’re named for the target DBEntity,
then 1, 2, 3, etc).  Are they there just for internal management?

> Thanks!
>
> Ken
>
> Ken Anderson
> CTO Amphora, Inc.
> Mobile:   +1 914 262 8540
>

> www.amphorainc.com
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and accompanying documents contain confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose. This e-mailed information is private and protected
by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this information,
is strictly prohibited.