cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Ken Anderson <ken.ander...@amphorainc.com>
Subject Multiple relationships from inheritance tree
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:56:11 GMT
Hello list!

I have a question about how/why something happens in the Cayenne Modeler (4.0M3).

When I have a DBEntity with a relationship to a super-entity and I sync it with its ObjEntity,
the ObjEntity gets a relationship for every potential class under (and including) the target
DBEntity’s ObjEntity.

Is this correct?  Can Cayenne not handle a relationship to a super entity?

It’s not clear if I should rename them (right now they’re named for the target DBEntity,
then 1, 2, 3, etc).  Are they there just for internal management?

Thanks!

Ken

Ken Anderson
CTO Amphora, Inc.
Mobile:   +1 914 262 8540

[cid:image001.png@01D1DD16.B18BC040]

www.amphorainc.com<http://www.amphorainc.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and accompanying documents contain confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose. This e-mailed information is private and protected
by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this information,
is strictly prohibited.