cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Reverse engineering and dates
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2016 21:30:54 GMT
I wonder if instead of (in addition to) Joda preferences, we add a single preference - "Java
8", and if that's on use the new Java 8 date/time types that were all influenced by Joda.
Thoughts?

Andrus

> On Jun 22, 2016, at 2:01 PM, Anthony Giaccone <anthony.giaccone@nytimes.com> wrote:
>
> Yeah,
>
> I have an existing schema and it’s something of a mess, and were using git, so different
branches have different schemas with different attributes.  So I’m re-engineering a lot.

> I did what you suggested the first three times but then I was like. "Meh, there should
be a better way….”

> Maybe something as simple as a preferences page which specifies what class to use for
the basic mappings?  Or maybe even easier, “Joda Time” and a check box.