cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: CompletionException: org.apache.cayenne.di.DIRuntimeException: DI container has no binding for key <BindingKey: org.apache.cayenne.dba.firebird.FirebirdSniffer>
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 14:12:29 GMT
>> Sorry, I totally forgot to let you know—this was resolved by upgrading from 4.0M3
to 4.0M4-SNAPSHOT. We were not using FireBird and I have no idea what was happening—but
it’s reproducible by downgrading.

> The change that is likely relevant actually made it to M3:
>
> https://github.com/apache/cayenne/commit/bdd8d903ac88cf50890cdfeb126fdd636b98563c
>
> Wonder if you had a pre-release M3 version of cayenne-di or something?

Ah… That’s probably the case. This was the first time we actually created a ServerRuntime
inside a pure Play! framework project (rather than having a separate maven project for the
model). Play uses sbt for the build, which again uses ivy repositories for dependency management
(rather than maven), and Ivy has a nasty habit of caching everything forever, so we were probably
running on an old M3. Mystery solved.

>> On a lighter note, this was a bit of a panicky situtation since it happened during
a hackathon, where Cayenne (among others) earned us the title “best technical solution”.
And we got this excellent production-quality Yoda to show for it :).

> Nice! Can you provide any more info about it? I'll put it on Cayenne Twitter :)

lol :). Well… The largest Icelandic bank (Arion) decided to create and open up APIs for
a lot of their stuff and then let 12 teams go at it for 30 hours. They had APIS for creating
bank accounts, perform transactions on accounts and credit cards, read transaction information,
create electronic invoices etc. etc.). Lots of fun (and little sleep) was had and we ended
up with this solution:

https://www.afland.is

It’s a website to help groups collect money. Say you and your group of friends want to go
to the Montreaux Jazz festival in 2018 and you decide to put in €20 a month each towards
the trip. Usually when you do something like this, one guy has to create the account, manage
everything, make sure everyone pays etc. It’s a hassle. But this website takes cares of
everything; creates a new account, allows you to register your friends via e-mail or Facebook
(and allows them to authenticate) and then automatically charges their accounts, credit cards
or sends them a Claim. Each payment is linked to the correct user (based on their Icelandic
National Registry numbers) and everyone can log in and see how the collection is going and
if everyone’s paying up. It’s nice.

BTW, the name “Afland” means “Offshore”. So when you start collecting money, you’re
starting an “Offshore company”. It’s a joke that works better in Icelandic, really ;).

- hugi

> Andrus
>

>> - hugi
>>
>> <yoda.jpg>
>>

>>> On 6. jún. 2016, at 13:14, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Strange. What version of Cayenne? And are you actually using Firebird DB?

has no binding for key <BindingKey: org.apache.cayenne.dba.firebird.FirebirdSniffer>]