cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Reverse engineering and dates
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2016 20:56:35 GMT

Fair enough. We do need to provide reverse engineering settings. I think those may be implemented
as the properties of the DataMap, like default package, etc.

Andrus

> On Jun 26, 2016, at 4:47 PM, Gmail <tgiaccone@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There are a lot of project using something other than the traditional Java Date.
>
> Tony Giaccone
>
>> On Jun 25, 2016, at 5:30 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if instead of (in addition to) Joda preferences, we add a single preference
- "Java 8", and if that's on use the new Java 8 date/time types that were all influenced by
Joda. Thoughts?

>> Andrus
>>
>>> On Jun 22, 2016, at 2:01 PM, Anthony Giaccone <anthony.giaccone@nytimes.com>
wrote:

>>> Yeah,
>>>
>>> I have an existing schema and it’s something of a mess, and were using git,
so different branches have different schemas with different attributes.  So I’m re-engineering
a lot.

>>> I did what you suggested the first three times but then I was like. "Meh, there
should be a better way….”

>>> Maybe something as simple as a preferences page which specifies what class to
use for the basic mappings?  Or maybe even easier, “Joda Time” and a check box.