cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: NPE on ROP connect after upgrading from 4.0.M2 to 4.0.M3
Date Sun, 29 May 2016 22:54:37 GMT
Right now, you'll need to build from source from master branch. 4.0M3 doesn't have these changes.
We should cut an M4 once it has settled down.

Ari

On 29/05/2016 2:09pm, Adam Boyle wrote:
> Thanks, I will try to take a look at 4.0.M3 again soon!

I will have to figure this one out on my own for now, or else do a build off of master and
implement something similar to what you have below.

>> Nah, that's still Hessian. We are currently use a build of trunk from about 10 March.
>>
>> Our experiments with protocol-buffers are still in the early stages. First for us
is HTTP2 which is coming along well [1]

>> Ari
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/thinline72/cayenne/commit/91b8985857ee8fb16be1b1cb05bf8c18e074b030
>

> Adam, if you aren't tracking the dev list, you might like to take a look at the latest
changes to Cayenne trunk. Protocol-buffers has now been introduced as a pluggable replacement
to Hessian.

> We are yet to do any performance testing in real world apps, but we have high hopes.
>

> Ari
>

> --
> Aristedes Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis