cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Adam Boyle <abo...@valsphere.com>
Subject Re: NPE on ROP connect after upgrading from 4.0.M2 to 4.0.M3
Date Sun, 29 May 2016 04:09:24 GMT
Thanks, I will try to take a look at 4.0.M3 again soon!

From: Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2016 1:06:11 AM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: NPE on ROP connect after upgrading from 4.0.M2 to 4.0.M3

On 10/04/2016 3:55pm, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> On 10/04/2016 2:56pm, Adam Boyle wrote:
>> Ah, I forgot you are using the latest and greatest and not Hessian. Looks like I
will have to figure this one out on my own for now, or else do a build off of master and implement
something similar to what you have below.

> Nah, that's still Hessian. We are currently use a build of trunk from about 10 March.
>
> Our experiments with protocol-buffers are still in the early stages. First for us is
HTTP2 which is coming along well [1]

> Ari
>
> [1] https://github.com/thinline72/cayenne/commit/91b8985857ee8fb16be1b1cb05bf8c18e074b030

Adam, if you aren't tracking the dev list, you might like to take a look at the latest changes
to Cayenne trunk. Protocol-buffers has now been introduced as a pluggable replacement to Hessian.

We are yet to do any performance testing in real world apps, but we have high hopes.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis