cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Dynamically reloading the model on change
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 12:31:16 GMT
Doable in theory - just create a new runtime every time you detect a change. The bigger question
is how practical this is, considering you also need to reload Java classes. I guess also doable
if you run in debug mode that does class reloading.

Andrus

> On May 30, 2016, at 3:27 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I’ve been working with Ebean for the past couple of months (customer unfortunately
mandated the use of Ebean). I don’t really like working with it, but it has one feature
that I really like—I can change model classes at will (add attributes, relationships etc.)
and the changes take effect immediately, i.e. I don’t need to restart the application.

> Is it possible to do something similes in Cayenne? I.e., can I make changes to the model
and then reload the runtime, or something of the ilk?