cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Object relationship freshness
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 06:54:48 GMT
> *changing this to “false”

While this may solve the immediate problem, turning off shared object cache is not terribly
efficient. I would recommend against it.

>>> weirdly I see one of the
>>> relationship queries fire again, but not the other…either way both objects
>>> “snapshots” (EOF term) are as they were originally

If you actually see SQL in the logs that reads a relationship, it should absolutely refresh
the cache.

Generally if you don't want to-one relationships to be resolved from cache, the most reliable
approach is to use prefetching on the query that fetched the root object.

Andrus