cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Reconnecting automatically after DB downtime
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 11:15:30 GMT
>>> Unless you use Bootique, or your own property-based config mechanism.
>>
>> Is bootique worth checking out? I’m just noticing it now for the first time and
so happens I’m looking into a new basis for our web services/APIs (current favorite being
spark framework).

> Definitely. Bootique is a new project, and my hope is it will make it as far as Cayenne
and further. I am doing a presentation at WOWODC this summer and at ApacheCon in May. In a
few words, it is a flexible modular framework (or platform?) that allows you to build Java
apps that run without containers (hence the jar/war meme that that I quoted from SpringBoo
folks). It is very easy to create web services [1] and such, but also apps of any type and
complexity. There's a Cayenne integration module, as well a dozen other modules (the list
is quickly growing).

> For those who haven't seen it yet, we just launched a new site at http://bootique.io/
.

Looks nice! Definitely checking it out.