cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Duplicate entity names (different projects, same runtime)
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 17:11:32 GMT
Yes, ObjEntity name should be unique in the runtime. Like you said it is easy to fix by renaming.
I think we should start using DataMaps for namespacing in Cayenne eventually.

Hope your *table* names are different though. Here is a real namespacing bug that needs to
be addressed:

Andrus

> On Mar 26, 2016, at 7:31 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
> I just stumbled into a problem where two of my cayenne projects have the same entity
name (but different DataObject classes, of course) and this is causing conflicts in behaviour,
when both projects are running in the same ServerRuntime.

> I’m guessing I’m pretty much borked and should rename one of the entities?
>
> Are people using any method for namespacing their entities in Cayenne? In EOF we usually
added a prefix to the entity name to avoid stuff like this.