cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Reconnecting automatically after DB downtime
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 23:15:29 GMT

> On Mar 7, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
>> Unless you use Bootique, or your own property-based config mechanism.
>
> Is bootique worth checking out? I’m just noticing it now for the first time and so
happens I’m looking into a new basis for our web services/APIs (current favorite being spark
framework).

Definitely. Bootique is a new project, and my hope is it will make it as far as Cayenne and
further. I am doing a presentation at WOWODC this summer and at ApacheCon in May. In a few
words, it is a flexible modular framework (or platform?) that allows you to build Java apps
that run without containers (hence the jar/war meme that that I quoted from SpringBoo folks).
It is very easy to create web services [1] and such, but also apps of any type and complexity.
There's a Cayenne integration module, as well a dozen other modules (the list is quickly growing).

For those who haven't seen it yet, we just launched a new site at http://bootique.io/ .

Andrus

[1] http://bootique.io/docs/0/getting-started/index.html