cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Duplicate entity names (different projects, same runtime)
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 17:18:55 GMT
Thanks Andrus, I suspected this was the case. Fortunately the table names are different, so
I’m not hitting the other bugs. But having each datamap live in it’s own namespace would
be awesome.

Maybe Cayenne should warn the user when there are two ObjEntities with the same name? Even
throw an exception and shut down?

One question: Can I use periods in the ObjEntity name? I.e. is there anything against me using
the fully qualified class name as the entity name?

Cheers,
- hugi

> On 28. mar. 2016, at 17:11, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> Yes, ObjEntity name should be unique in the runtime. Like you said it is easy to fix
by renaming. I think we should start using DataMaps for namespacing in Cayenne eventually.

> Hope your *table* names are different though. Here is a real namespacing bug that needs
to be addressed:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2036
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1152
>
> Andrus
>

>> On Mar 26, 2016, at 7:31 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>> I just stumbled into a problem where two of my cayenne projects have the same entity
name (but different DataObject classes, of course) and this is causing conflicts in behaviour,
when both projects are running in the same ServerRuntime.

>> I’m guessing I’m pretty much borked and should rename one of the entities?
>>
>> Are people using any method for namespacing their entities in Cayenne? In EOF we
usually added a prefix to the entity name to avoid stuff like this.