cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Evil relationships
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 11:09:14 GMT
Hi all.
I’m currently working with an old DB with Extremely Meaningful™ PKs. Here are three tables
from the DB and the columns that form their primary keys.

— Company
company_number

— Customer
company_number
customer_number

— Invoice
company_number
customer_number
invoice_number

As you’ve probably already figured out, “Customer” is joined to “Company” on “company_number”
and “Invoice” is joined to “Customer” on “company_number” and “customer_number”.

For the most part, this object graph works fine in Cayenne, but there’s one thing: In addition
to the relationship to “Customer”, “Invoice" also has a relationship to “Company”
(based on company_number, having this direct relationship is useful for reporting). But if
I set the “customer” relationship on “Invoice”, the “company” relationship does
not get set.

Is there some way for me to notify Cayenne that more relationships might be involved in a
change to “Customer”

Cheers,
- hugi