cayenne-user mailing list archives

From do...@xsinet.co.za
Subject Re: Tracking down a Runtime Relationship - Cayenne 3.1
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 13:30:06 GMT

Hi Frank

Cayenne logs the runtime relationships it generates when it loads the
model into memory.

So if you look in the log which it also sends to System.err and search
for "runtimeRelationship725" then you will be able to see which entity
it's associated with. At least then he'll have a clue as where to begin
looking.

Regards

Jurgen

On 2016-03-17 15:02, Frank Herrmann wrote:

> Thanks. I passed this along to the developer. We are using version 3.1.
>
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net>
> wrote:
> Hi Frank, I don't have any handy code to do this at the moment, but the approach I would
take is to write a utility method to dump the model's source/destination relationship information
immediately after loading the model into memory. Then, when you get the validation exception,
you can reference that data dump for assistance. mrg PS. What version of Cayenne? On Wed,
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Frank Herrmann < frank.herrmann@modernizingmedicine.com> wrote:
Hello all, We have a developer here that recently asked for my help and told him I'd reach
out. He is getting a validation failure error on a runtime relationship (specifically runtimeRelationship725).
As these are created during runtime, he is setting a break point in the code at the commit
to try and figure out what object this runtime relationship is attached to. My question is,
is there an easy way to pinpoint what object this relationship is attached to, or what relationship
it is reversing so he can troubleshoot the
validation error? Thanks, -Frank -- FRANK HERRMANN SOFTWARE ENGINEER T: 561-880-2998 x1563
E: frank.herrmann@modmed.com [image: [ Modernizing Medicine ]] <http://www.modmed.com/
[1]> [image: [ Facebook ]] <http://www.facebook.com/modernizingmedicine [2]> [image:
[ LinkedIn ]] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/modernizing-medicine/ [3]> [image: [
YouTube ]] <http://www.youtube.com/user/modernizingmedicine [4]> [image: [ Twitter ]]