cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Reconnecting automatically after DB downtime
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 10:58:46 GMT
On 29/02/2016 9:53pm, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
> Hi all.
> We had some DB problems last night (MariaDB with the ConnectorJ driver). As soon as I
had started the DB back up, our EOF applications were up and running, but the Cayenne apps
were still down and required a restart to start running again.

> Is there any way to tell Cayenne to reconnect to the DB after an event like this?

This should be a property of your JDBC adaptor, not Cayenne. Something like autoReconnect=true
in the connection string.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis