cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Frank Herrmann <frank.herrm...@modernizingmedicine.com>
Subject Re: Using jconsole to monitor Ehcache
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 13:26:25 GMT
Connecting jconsole to the Tomcat instance wasn't my issue. The
net.sf.ehcache wasn't getting reported to mbeans so I could see how the
cache was being utilized.

I figured it out, however. In my case, we have a Spring environment. I had
to start Ehcache with Spring, then extend EhCacheQueryCache to use the
Spring started Ehcache instance.

Thanks for the reply.

-Frank

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

> On 3/02/2016 5:42am, Frank Herrmann wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm working on switching our query caching to Ehcache. Does anyone know
> how
> > to monitor Ehcache injected into Cayenne via EhCacheQueryCache in
> jconsole?
> >
> > In case it matters, I'm using Cayenne 3.1.
>

> I don't think Cayenne factors into this at all. We just add these
> parameters to the command line (starting up tomcat in my case):
>
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7401
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
>

> I turn off SSL and password because this is just for an internal network,
> but you can adjust those as you need to.
>

> Ari
>

> --
> -------------------------->
> Aristedes Maniatis