cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Reconnecting automatically after DB downtime
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 14:12:34 GMT
Hi Hugi,

I don't know the nature of your application.  I've used Cayenne's native
connection pooling (stand-alone applications) and JNDI (typically based on
Apache Commons DBCP) in the past.  If my memory is correct, Cayenne's
native connection pooling does attempt to do a re-connect on failure.  for
JNDI, you probably have to tell the JDBC connector to auto-reconnect.  If
you are using Cayenne's native and it didn't re-connect, we might have an
issue to explore.  What version of Cayenne are you using?

Thanks,

mrg