cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Fwd: 15 years of Cayenne
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 16:11:47 GMT
Cross-posting from dev@. Happy birthday, Cayenne! :)

Andrus

---------------
Andrus Adamchik
@andrus_a | @ApacheCayenne

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
> Subject: 15 years of Cayenne
> Date: February 4, 2016 at 7:42:41 PM GMT+3
> To: dev@cayenne.apache.org
>
> Almost forgot, though LinkedIn reminded me today - Cayenne was first started around February
2001. That makes it a 15th anniversary. I don't remember the exact date, but there was a kickoff
meeting with ~6-8 people I worked with at the time in a company in Atlanta, USA. We discussed
the direction and (most importantly) - the name of that new open source project. And a guy
named Rich Bordelon suggested to call it "Cayenne". It was a fun journey. And still is. Most
of the good things in my professional life are related in one way or another to Cayenne project
and Cayenne community. Thanks everybody !!