cayenne-user mailing list archives

From <do...@xsinet.co.za>
Subject Re: inserting null columns
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:24:26 GMT
Ah .... I see, so by explicitly setting null columns Cayenne ensures that
the local object is in sync with the DB row.

Thanks, that makes sense :-)

Jurgen

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 10:16 AM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: inserting null columns

Hi Jurgen,

the reason for that behavior is that Cayenne knows nothing about the DB
defaults, and insert that relies on them would end up with an object in
memory whose state is different from the row in the DB. So your best bet is
to use a "postAdd" callback method to init the defaults on the Java side.

Andrus