cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Eric Cobb <ec...@levelsbeyond.com>
Subject Configuring the Cache in a multi-node environment. (cayenne 3.0)
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 18:51:57 GMT
Hello All!

I am looking for resources on how to best configure cayenne when running in
a cluster, or multiple JVMs using the same domain. I've been reading the
documentation and I see this:

"there are ways to notify other stacks about the object changes. This can
be set up in the Modeler. However full synchronization of every change
often results in excessive network traffic and CPU consumption, and is
usually avoided in favor of the query cache approach described elsewhere
<https://cayenne.apache.org/docs/3.0/query-result-caching.html> in this
chapter."

That links to the Query-Result-Caching page. It is my understanding that
object caching is used when an associated object is retrieved via a getter
or when an object is retrieved by its id. Is this quote telling me that if
I configure query caching, object caching won't be used? Or that I need to
avoid doing that would hit the object cache in my application code? Should
I disable the object cache completely (if that's even possible)? If I don't
set up cayenne to notify other stacks of changes to the object cache, don't
I run the risk of stale data?

I appreciate any and all tips on the best way to run cayenne across
multiple  nodes, or if you have some resources to point me toward, that
would be very helpful as well.

Thanks in advance for your time!