cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Counting distinct related objects using EJBQL
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 11:25:49 GMT
It's a bug in Cayenne. I just opened a Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2037
. While we are working on fixing it, there's a woraround described in Jira - if possible use
a unique attribute of the target object inside COUNT. E.g. a.shop.name (if no such attribute
exists, map ID as an ObjAttribute, and use that).

Andrus

> On Oct 30, 2015, at 2:45 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Hi all, and a very happy Friday to you.
>
> How would I go about counting distinct related objects using EJBQL? If I want to count
the number of “Shops" related to “Receipts", I’d expect to be able to do use EJBQL like
this, which works fine for regular attributes: