cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: likeIgnoreCase queries and EJBQL
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:55:39 GMT
Awesome. Congrats :)

Perhaps with your help we can create a fully working Informix adapter in Cayenne?

Andrus

> On Oct 13, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Eeek—I actually did it, and it works like a charm! Found out my factory needed to override
getConditionTranslator(), not getSelectTranslator().

> https://gist.github.com/hugith/f04fd044b59c4ce60aa9
>
> For the first time, I feel like a total Cayenne Boss™ :)
>
> - hugi
>

>> On 13. okt. 2015, at 14:45, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>>> {fn ucase} is JDBC escape syntax, so presumably the driver should convert that
to the proper syntax. If a given driver is not capable of doing that, that has to be addressed
in DbAdapter for that DB. DbAdapter.getEjbqlTranslatorFactory() is how you customize EJBQL
translation. So Mike is right about that.

>> Thanks… I’ve created my adaptor and ensured that it’s being used along with
my new InformixEJBQLSelectTranslator—but I’m not getting any invocations of visitUpper
and the code generated still contains {fn ucase(…)}. Shouldn’t visitUpper() be where I
hook into the generation of the upper statement for the DB?

>> https://gist.github.com/hugith/bb68f1944f7a7d754363
>>
>>> BTW, which DB are we talking about?
>>
>> Ah, well… It’s informix— and an old version at that. So I would probably always
have had to create my own DbAdaptor anyway.

>> Cheers,
>> - hugi
>>

>>> Andrus

case insensitive queries works fine, it’s only queries created from EJBQL that fail. Also,
the only place in the Cayenne sources I can find a mention of “ucase" is in EJBQLTranslator’s
visitUpper(). Perhaps changing that method to do upper( rather than {fn ucase. might solve
the problem? I’m going to try that out :).

in a regular SelectQuery, Cayenne generates SQL using the “UPPER” function (for expressions
generated using likeIgnoreCase). This works fine.

string to perform an EJBQLQuery, Cayenne will attempt to use UCASE function in the resulting
SQL and things go awry.

“ucase” when performing these queries?