cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Dipesh Jain <dip...@ivgroup.in>
Subject Re: CayenneModeler not generating classes
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 09:22:14 GMT
Hi Mike, As you said velocity version maybe has some problems so I had
changed version from 1.6.4 but the output was same. I also tried with 1.7
version but I got some errors and project was not build. I have created a
fresh project for example. Here my xml files - *cayenne-Services.xml* <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <domain project-version="7"> <map
name="datamap"/> <node name="datanode"
factory="org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DBCPDataSourceFactory"
parameters="mastersdbcp2.properties"
schema-update-strategy="org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SkipSchemaUpdateStrategy"
> <map-ref name="datamap"/> </node> </domain> *datamap.map.xml* <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <data-map xmlns="
http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/7/modelMap" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/7/modelMap
http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/7/modelMap.xsd" project-version="7">
<property name="defaultPackage" value="com.iv.platform.dto"/> <db-entity
name="Person"> <db-attribute name="DateofBirth" type="DATE"/> <db-attribute
name="Name" type="VARCHAR" length="100"/> <db-attribute name="PersonId"
type="NUMERIC" isPrimaryKey="true" isMandatory="true" length="5"/>
</db-entity> <obj-entity name="Person"
className="com.iv.platform.dto.Person" dbEntityName="Person">
<obj-attribute name="dateofBirth" type="java.util.Date"
db-attribute-path="DateofBirth"/> <obj-attribute name="name"
type="java.lang.String" db-attribute-path="Name"/> </obj-entity>
</data-map> After creating project, DB and Obj entity. As per Documentation
I have clicked on tools menu to generate classes. On popup dialog box I
have changed nothing just clicked on Generate button, and I got that error.
My Person file was generated in com.iv.platform.auto package but it was
empty. Hii Andrus, I apologize that I can not provide screenshots, and as
you said >> Looks like Dipesh is using the Modeler for class generation.
Does that mean we can generate classes without Modeler ? and as per the
documentation and comment in generated class in Cayenne 3.1 /** * Class
_PersonTemp was generated by Cayenne. * It is probably a good idea to avoid
changing this class manually, * since it may be overwritten next time code
is regenerated. * If you need to make any customizations, please use
subclass. */ I understood that I have to create classes form Modeler. Is
there any other way or I can generate POJO classes from my end and use it
in Cayenne. -- Thanks and Regards Deepesh Jain