cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject likeIgnoreCase queries and EJBQL
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:46:17 GMT
Hi all.

I’m communicating with a database that doesn’t have the UCASE function, only UPPER.

When I use case insensitive expressions (for example, User.NAME.likeIgnoreCase(“Bob”))
in a regular SelectQuery, Cayenne generates SQL using the “UPPER” function (for expressions
generated using likeIgnoreCase). This works fine.

But if I generate EJBQL from the expression and then use the resulting string to perform an
EJBQLQuery, Cayenne will attempt to use UCASE function in the resulting SQL and things go
awry.

Can I tell the EJBQL SQL translator to use “upper” rather than “ucase” when performing
these queries?

Cheers,
- hugi