cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Error when executing EJBQL generated from an expression containing outer joins
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 06:19:14 GMT
Likely a limitation in EJBQL. Originally we tried to stick with JPA spec for EJBQL syntax,
and that does not support + notation for outer joins. Instead it has a separate join clause.
Now we are no longer bound with JPA compatibility and can actually accept paths with outer
joins. But I guess it has never been implemented in EJBQL parser.

Andrus

> On Aug 27, 2015, at 11:46 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Boy… I’m really drowning you folks with mail today. Sorry about that.
>
> The gist below shows code where I’m attempting to perform an EJBQL query using a where
clause generated from an Expression containing an outer join.
> If I don’t do an outer join (i.e. just drop the outer() call when generating the expression)
everything works fine.
> Is this a bug in EJBQL generation or am I doing something wrong? The EJBQL “where”-clause
generated from the expression (using “a” as rootId) is: