cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lon Varscsak <lon.varsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Syncing peers in single thread
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:35:06 GMT
Yes, there is a specific reason. :)  So let's say I have a component on a
page that has a reference to a Company object, yet I also have an
EditCompany component which has it's own copy of the same Company in a peer
context.  When the user clicks save there, the entire page is refreshed,
including the original component holding onto Company.  If the update to
that company object is non-deterministic, I will end up with a page that
displays the "old" data.

I have had other situations, even with in the same block of code I've used
a peer context to do some work...but I don't have an example off the top of
my head.

-Lon