cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: How do you update a record with apache cayenne without using select clause
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:44:21 GMT

> On Sep 11, 2015, at 6:32 PM, Dipesh Jain <dipesh@ivgroup.in> wrote:
>
> I am using apache cayenne 3.1. I know of one way to update records in the
> database is to first use select query to find record and then update it,
> but I don't want to use a select query for updating. How can I directly
> update the record? I do not want to use EJBQLQuery or SQL TEMPLETE.
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards
> Deepesh Jain

Hi Deepesh,

My #1 solution won't be EJBQLQuery or SQLTemplate either. I would actually select the objects
that I need, change them and commit. This is a true ORM solution, as you are working with
objects, can apply business logic, listeners and what not.

In more rare cases of "bulk update", when a single query updates a bunch of records without
bothering to fault objects, EJBQLQuery or SQLTemplate is the way to do it.

So what case are you dealing with?

Andrus