cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Fetching distinct related objects
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:02:05 GMT
> I'd say you should and you are very much encouraged to do it :)

:)

> In fact this one probably goes way back, when we still tried to work within the JPA spec
constraints. So this may have been an intentional limitation that we should no longer abide
by. Try this workaround - replacing the relationship in SELECT clause with an alias, and let
us know if that made a difference:

>  "select distinct s from Receipt receipt inner join receipt.shop s”

Yes, this syntax works, thanks.

Cheers,
- hugi

> Andrus
>

>> On Sep 23, 2015, at 10:40 AM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> What? Are you saying I shouldn’t be using pre-release software in a production
environment? Ghastly! ;)

>> Filed:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2031
>>
>> Thanks,
>> - hugi
>>

>>> On 23. sep. 2015, at 07:13, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is a bug.

an EJBQL-query that looks like this…

an exception that looks like this:

of Shop objects). Also, performing a distinct fetch on attributes of “Shop” works fine,
like so:

constructing a fetch for distinct related objects?