cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Is there a canonical method of invoking aggregate functions
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 17:23:32 GMT
> Do we still have the model converter out there?

We do.

> even back then there were some rough edges.

And there are :)

Andrus

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There's a lot of ex-EOF/ex-WO folks involved with this project (including me).
>
> Do we still have the model converter out there?  When I started using
> Cayenne back in the 1.1 days, we had a converter tool that would
> create a cayenne project out of an EOF project.   I'm not sure if it's
> still around or if it needs to be updated -- even back then there were
> some rough edges.
>

> On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>> Hi Andrus.
>>
>> Words can't describe how happy I am with your helpfulness and the general niceness
of the Cayenne community. I fully realize you’re putting in free work for me to benefit
from.

>> I've started working on a proposal for the WebObjects-world to migrate Project Wonder
to Cayenne, or at least put EOF and Cayenne functionality in separate frameworks so people
can easily choose between frameworks and migrate old code. I think there’s a great opportunity
there to help out developers that are anxious to move forward with projects that are stuck
in what’s essentially a dead ecosystem. I want to be a little more familiar with Cayenne
before suggesting such a thing, though, since I want to be able to help out with the migration
and the flood of users that will hopefully follow.

>> Cheers,
>> - hugi
>>
>> // Hugi Thordarson
>> // http://www.loftfar.is/ <http://www.loftfar.is/>
>> // s. 895-6688
>>

>>> On 13. sep. 2015, at 19:02, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Hugi,
>>>
>>> This was a big enough hole in the API, that I felt it needed fixing. I just added
support for the "path+" EJBQL syntax to Cayenne per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2027
. So you can build Cayenne from master and use it right away.

>>> Andrus

in Cayenne, I find myself now using somewhat kludgy methods to invoke aggregate methods (for
example to retrieve the count of records that an expression will yield).