cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Expressions involving dates can't be converted to EJBQL?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:09:09 GMT
Hi all.

I have a utility method that selects a row count given a DataObject class and an Expression,
as seen here:

https://gist.github.com/hugith/d2cdaf60a6ee12aa0d17 <https://gist.github.com/hugith/d2cdaf60a6ee12aa0d17>

I was using this today when I suddenly got the error message "the scalar type 'Date' is not
supported as a scalar type in EJBQL”. Turns out that if I use a date in an Expression, it
can’t be converted to EJBQL.

Can anyone suggest a workaround? Also, should I be creating utility methods like this in a
different way than by using EJBQL? I have quite a few utility methods that all construct queries
using EJBQL, but they become rather useless if I can’t use dates in them.

Cheers and thanks,
- hugi