cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Getting the currently active ServerRuntime
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 07:16:47 GMT
That’s great, thanks!

- hugi

// Hugi Thordarson
// http://www.loftfar.is/ <http://www.loftfar.is/>
// s. 895-6688

> On 27. ágú. 2015, at 18:04, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> You can add it to a List of project locations inside your Module 'configure':
>
> public void configure(Binder binder) {
>   binder.bindList(Constants.SERVER_PROJECT_LOCATIONS_LIST).add("cayenne-xyz.xml");
> }
>
> Or explicitly pass it to ServerRuntime, when you are creating it.
>
> Though the first approach provides better encapsulation of your framework.
>
> Andrus
>

>> On Aug 27, 2015, at 6:45 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> That’s pretty awesome. One question though, how do I tell the Module about the
location of it's Cayenne Model? (like I do with the configurationLocation parameter in ServerRuntime)

>> Thanks!
>> - hugi
>>

>>> On 27. ágú. 2015, at 10:44, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
wrote:

>>> Hi Hugi,
>>>
>>> Are you using DI by any chance in your app? Cause if you do, it becomes as simple
as making ServerRuntime one of the "services" and injecting it into your framework.

>>> Or maybe you can invert that? Instead of telling the framework about ServerRuntime,
you tell ServerRuntime about your framework (essentially relying on Cayenne to be your DI
provider). To do that you expose your framework as a DI Module. That's our preferred way of

>>> // this comes from your framework. The module can define a class that decla
>>> public class MyModule implements Module {
>>>    public void configure(Binder binder) {
>>>
>>>       // MyFrameworkImpl may inject ObjectContextFactory to obtain contexts
>>>       binder.bind(MyFramework.class).to(MyFrameworkImpl.class);
>>>    }
>>> }
>>>
>>> // this is how you bootstrap both Cayenne and your framework in your app
>>> MyModule m = new MyModule();
>>> ServerRuntime runtime = new ServerRuntime("myproject.xml", m);
>>>
>>> MyFramework f = runtime.getInjector().getInstance(MyFramework.class);
>>> // now you can call methods on f.
>>>

>>> Andrus

of a jar that plugs into Cayenne applications.

already built over the top of Cayenne?

specific requirements. Framework looks nice though—and it’s fun to see Cayenne in the
wild.