cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 4.0 web.xml filter config files
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 00:37:41 GMT
IIRC the last time this changed was in 3.1. 4.0 and 3.1 should be the same in this respect.

All XML file locations are relative to CLASSPATH, regardless of whether you are using CayenneFilter
or not. CayenneFilter simply creates a ServerRuntime with location parameter, so everything
we say about ServerRuntime behavior is applicable to CayenneFilter. So in a .war you would
put the Cayenne XML files under WEB-INF/classes or in any of the .jar files under WEB-INF/lib/.

Andrus

> On Jul 5, 2015, at 7:56 PM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> While migrating to 4.0, I have found that the config files assoicatated with the filter
cannot be located.  It appears that the location rules have changed again.

> This doc
>
> 	https://cayenne.apache.org/docs/4.0/cayenne-guide/starting-cayenne.html#webapps
>
> says:
>
> "When started by the web container, it creates a instance of ServerRuntime and stores
it in the ServletContext. Note that the name of Cayenne XML project file is derived from the
"filter-name". In the example above CayenneFilter will look for an XML file "cayenne-project.xml".
This can be overridden with "configuration-location" init parameter.”