cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Version API
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:25:56 GMT
I am not using Maven.

So it appears that the answer is that the version has been eliminated from the runtime.

Thanks anyway.

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 8:13 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> No, I was answering your question. I thought you'd be able to figure it out from the
information that I shared already. But no worries, here are more details:

> 1. Download cayenne-project.jar from http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.cayenne|cayenne-project|4.0.M2|jar
and add it to your dependencies. Or if you are using Maven, simply include cayenne-project
in your pom.

> 2. Add CayenneProjectModule to your runtime on startup. You are using CayenneFilter,
so that would look something like this:

> <filter>
>   <filter-name>cayenne-project</filter-name>
>        <filter-class>org.apache.cayenne.configuration.web.CayenneFilter</filter-class>
>    <init-param>
>      <param-name>extra-modules</param-name>
>      <param-value>org.apache.cayenne.project.CayenneProjectModule</param-value>
>    </init-param>
>  </filter>
>
> This would ensure CayenneProjectModule is loaded.
>
> 3. Use the API:
>
> CayenneRuntime r = WebUtil.getCayenneRuntime(servletContext);
> ProjectUpgrader u = r.getInjector().getInstance(ProjectUpgrader.class);
> String version = u.getUpgradeHandler().getUpgradeMetaData().getSupportedVersion();
>
> Andrus
>

>> On Jul 27, 2015, at 2:15 PM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> Andrus,
>>
>> I am really not following what you are trying to say.  Let ask again:
>>
>> 1. I am looking for an easy replacement to

>> since it *appears* to be eliminated from your 4.0 API.
>>
>> You then claim that there is a replacement in

module now has a service org.apache.cayenne.project.ProjectUpgrader that gives you access
to UpgradeHandler that gives you access to UpgradeMetaData. UpgradeMetaData has the version
supported by a given runtime.

>> I could find none of these classes you mention in your online documentation
>>
>> 	http://cayenne.apache.org/docs/4.0/api/index.html
>>
>> So then you provide me with what appears to be a link to a Maven 4.0 repository.
>>
>> I am not sure how this is answering my question as to how to programmatically obtain
the current Cayenne project version from the Cayenne runtime.  Is it possible you don’t
understand my question?   I am looking for a simple replacement for a runtime project version,
so I can print is on a webpage.  This is a *simple* method call  I am looking for.

>>> On Jul 27, 2015, at 6:59 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.cayenne|cayenne-project|4.0.M2|jar
>>>
>>> This has sources, javadocs, etc.

Do you have a url reference?