cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: 4.0 web.xml filter config files
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:02:06 GMT
John

> You can use subfolders inside WEB-INF/classes.  These are essentially java packages,
although it doesn't really matter.  How you handle it would depend on your dev environment
and build tool.

I write with minimal IDE tools - so I don’t think that is the issue.   My understanding
is that this can be accomplished using standar web.xml directives.  For example, Cayenne (vintage
version) allowed

	<context-param>
		 <param-name>cayenne.configuration.path</param-name>
		<param-value>/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files</param-value>
	 </context-param>

The new methodology appears to have changed, (based on the brief comments in the docs).  I
am simply trying to find out how to make a similar entry into the web.xml.

If this is possible, then it should not be that difficult to post an example of the new method.
  I can’t imagine this is that hard to configure.   However, if it is not possible, then
I will just put the files in the top level classes directory.

Thanks
Joe