cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: DBCP
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 03:19:26 GMT
> What were the errors?

The only indication is via the browser (see the full message below):

	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory

When I revert back to the DBCP version (1.4 & 1.6) there is no problem.

This appears to be the same class that is specified in the cayenne domain xml file

	factory="org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DBCPDataSourceFactory”

Again, if there is documentation on a new configuration for DBCP2 in the cayenne docs, I could
not find it.  I figure there is either a new configuration or DBCP2 is not compatible with
Cayenne.

BTW, I just found this post

	http://osdir.com/ml/dev-cayenne-apache/2015-04/msg00056.html

	"So Cayenne does not know anything about DBCP2, only DBCP."

It appears that DBCP2 is not support by Cayenne 4.0, I guess?

Joe

> On Jul 19, 2015, at 9:42 PM, John Huss <johnthuss@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What were the errors?
>

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 5:37 PM Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Is Cayenne 4.0 compatible with Apache commons-dbcp2 & commons-pool2?
>>
>> (While migrating to 4.0 (from 3.0), I was able to upgrade all of the other
>> commons libraries without errors, but these two caused errors. When I
>> reverted to commons-dbcp-1.4 & commons-pool-1.5.6 respectively, there were
>> no errors.  I could not find any documentation on these versions.)
>>
>> If they are compatible, then is there some other dependency I need to
>> consider?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1313)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1164)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DBCPDataSourceFactory.getDataSource(DBCPDataSourceFactory.java:82)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DelegatingDataSourceFactory.getDataSource(DelegatingDataSourceFactory.java:68)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DefaultDataNodeFactory.createDataNode(DefaultDataNodeFactory.java:74)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataDomainProvider.addDataNode(DataDomainProvider.java:170)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataDomainProvider.createAndInitDataDomain(DataDomainProvider.java:136)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataDomainProvider.get(DataDomainProvider.java:91)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataDomainProvider.get(DataDomainProvider.java:56)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.CustomProvidersProvider.get(CustomProvidersProvider.java:39)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.get(FieldInjectingProvider.java:43)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultScopeProvider.get(DefaultScopeProvider.java:50)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultInjector.getInstance(DefaultInjector.java:136)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.value(FieldInjectingProvider.java:105)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.injectMember(FieldInjectingProvider.java:68)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.injectMembers(FieldInjectingProvider.java:59)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.FieldInjectingProvider.get(FieldInjectingProvider.java:44)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultScopeProvider.get(DefaultScopeProvider.java:50)
	org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultInjector.getInstance(DefaultInjector.java:131)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.web.SessionContextRequestHandler.requestStart(SessionContextRequestHandler.java:72)
	org.apache.cayenne.configuration.web.CayenneFilter.doFilter(CayenneFilter.java:116)