cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: 4.0 web.xml filter config files
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 01:11:19 GMT
OK, so the question is “how”.

(I spent about 45min hacking different combinations and none worked.   All I could get working
is depositing all the config files in the top level WEB-INF/classes dir.  I am sure I am missing
something but the previous two solutions stopped working with 4.0)

> On Jul 5, 2015, at 8:56 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 5, 2015, at 8:51 PM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "configuration-location" init parameter.”
>>

>> This was mentioned in the docs. Is this not good practice?
>>
>> I would *prefer* to put them in a separate directory under “classes”.   Is there
a better way to do this - in your experience?

> Yes, XML files can be placed in subdirectories of any CLASSPATH directory. So if you
have the project file under "WEB-INF/classes/org/example/cayenne-myproject.xml" , your location
would be "org/example/cayenne-myproject.xml". This is a standard way of locating any kind
of resources in Java via ClassLoader.