cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 4.0 web.xml filter config files
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 00:56:56 GMT

> On Jul 5, 2015, at 8:51 PM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>> "configuration-location" init parameter.”
>

> This was mentioned in the docs. Is this not good practice?
>
> I would *prefer* to put them in a separate directory under “classes”.   Is there
a better way to do this - in your experience?

Yes, XML files can be placed in subdirectories of any CLASSPATH directory. So if you have
the project file under "WEB-INF/classes/org/example/cayenne-myproject.xml" , your location
would be "org/example/cayenne-myproject.xml". This is a standard way of locating any kind
of resources in Java via ClassLoader.

Andrus