cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: A bunch of stuff is deprecated.
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:31:57 GMT
Andrus,

OK. Please let me verify my understanding. So for example, if I had created an expression
like:

	Expression exp = ExpressionFactory.matchExp(Product.IS_DISABLED_PROPERTY, false);
	exp = exp.andExp(ExpressionFactory.matchExp(Product.IS_VINTAGE_PROPERTY, false));

the new equivalent would be

	Expression exp = Product.IS_DISABLED.isFalse();
	exp = exp.andExp(Product.IS_VINTAGE.isFalse());

producing the SQL

	System.out.println("expression: " + exp);

and an Attribute name/value for “vintage” would be printed as

	System.out.println("isVintage: " + Product.IS_VINTAGE.getName());

This looks pretty concise and easy to replace to me.

Question:
Is that the new “best practice”?   Are there any other new (expression/ordering) tricks
I should look into?

Thanks
Joe

> On Jul 31, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 31, 2015, at 7:50 PM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> functional replacement that would also give me access to the String value of the
property (for display purposes).

> Here is an example:
>
> (generated code)
>
>  @Deprecated
>  public static final String TITLE_PROPERTY = "title";
>  public static final Property<String> TITLE = new Property<String>("title");
>
> (accessing property name in a new way)
>
>  TITLE.getName();
>
> But the point of the new API is to replace code like this:
>
>  Expression exp = ExpressionFactory.matchExp(Product.IS_DISABLED_PROPERTY, false);
>
> with this:
>
>  Expression exp = Product.IS_DISABLED.isFalse();
>
> Which does not require knowing the property name. IIRC 4.0 tutorial has other examples
of expressions using the new API.