cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Emerson CastaƱeda <eme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LinkETL - soliciting naming ideas
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 13:47:27 GMT
Interesting project.

I agree with Ari. Independent that the target would not be a  analytical
databases, LinkETL is itself a ETL tool that fits perfectly in the data
mediation, following wikipedia definition for ETL[3]:

"As such, ETL is a key process to bring all the data together in a
standard, homogeneous environment".

On the other hand, about:

"(the sequence of operations can be represented as extract/transform/load
at the higher level, although not all algorithms involved match this
simplified description)"

you are still having the magic of a plus in order to include the rest of
stuff, it leaves us: LinkETL+   :)

Two more points:

   - I have been specially catched by the section in the description part
   that makes emphasis on the "CSV sources out of the box", so what about
   something like: LinkSrc, LinkSources, LinkDB
   - On the other hand, due we still moving on the relational escenary,
   what about: LinkER, LinkRel

Emerson