cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Dynamicly changing model in the application
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:18:31 GMT
An interesting question came up on stackoverflow on how to dynamically change Cayenne model
and DB in a running app. While this feature is unique to Cayenne it is not documented anywhere
else. So I figured I'd share the link with my thoughts on it here, as it may be of interest
to other Cayenne users:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30808465/apache-cayenne-user-defined-tables-examples

Until migrations API, cayenne-project and ServerRuntime, implementing something like that
wasn't easy at all. Now it seems fairly straightforward, as long as you are content with generic
objects.

Andrus