cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne design Patterns
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 14:52:03 GMT
Here is a very simple example of DAO-like service oriented architecture with Cayenne:

https://github.com/andrus/wowodc13

Andrus

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 4:57 PM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I tend to use a DAO pattern in projects where I want all cayenne
> references isolated to a specific package.   I use the template
> generator to create 90%of the code and keep it up to date
>

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Gmail <tgiaccone@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I'm wondering how people on this mailing BG list structure their Cayenne projects.
The two most common design patterns I have seen are DAO style where the code that implements
access is in its own class and Active record style where the Domain object implements the
data access layer.