cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Willerding <awillerd...@itsurcom.com>
Subject Trouble with Web app deployment
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 13:40:53 GMT
Hi,

I am using Cayenne 4.0 for the first time with a Web app and I'm having
trouble configuring it to create the ObjectContext I can access within
my app.  When I attempt to start Tomcat and load my app I'm getting the
following error:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [CSCTCBridgeWeb] in context with
path [/CSCTCBridgeWeb] threw exception
org.apache.cayenne.di.DIRuntimeException: Error instantiating class
'org.apache.cayenne.velocity.VelocitySQLTemplateProcessor'

org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils
     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.VelocimacroFactory.initVelocimacro(VelocimacroFactory.java:189)
     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:261)
     at
org.apache.cayenne.velocity.VelocitySQLTemplateProcessor.<init>(VelocitySQLTemplateProcessor.java:117)

And yet I have the proper library files in the Java path - or at least I
believe I do...

My web.xml looks like this...

     <context-param>
<param-name>cayenne.configuration.path</param-name>
         <param-value>/WEB-INF/DBConfig</param-value>
     </context-param>
     <context-param>
         <param-name>configuration-location</param-name>
         <param-value>/WEB-INF/DBConfig</param-value>
     </context-param>

     <filter>
<filter-name>cayenne-CSCTCBridgeWeb</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.cayenne.configuration.web.CayenneFilter</filter-class>
     </filter>

      <filter-mapping>
<filter-name>cayenne-CSCTCBridgeWeb</filter-name>
         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
      </filter-mapping>

with the appropriate cayenne-CSCTCBridgeWeb.xml file in the
/WEB-INF/DBConfig directory.

Any guidance on what I might be doing incorrectly would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew