cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne design Patterns
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:14:24 GMT
On 12/06/2015 6:01pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> To summarize, both domain-centric and service-centric architectures have their advantages
and downsides. In an ideal world there should be just the right mix of the two. Achieving
that can be hard sometimes, and the actual proportion depends on the scope of the system and
the tools that you have in your possession.

I'm really liking Groovy these days. It has a concept of "categories" which allow you to inject
additional methods right into your domain objects.

http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/gapi/groovy/lang/Category.html

I'm still getting my head around how that changes the architecture of systems, but the ease
of mixing groovy inside Java applications is allowing us to explore aspects of this right
now. For example, to enhance Cayenne objects when passing them into JasperReports for printing.

If Dima is lurking around here, he'll have more to say since I know he is liking the groovy
approach.

Cheers

Ari

--