cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Generating SQL from an Expression (for use in a utility method)
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 15:36:08 GMT
Hi Hugi,

Perhaps this can help you:

https://github.com/mrg/cbe/tree/master/FetchingObjects/Aggregates/src/main/java/cbe/fetching/utilities

AggregateUtils uses AggregateTranslator to construct the SQL for a query
(getting the SQL from Cayenne) and then manipulates it to run a COUNT(*) or
SUM(...) type function based upon your original SelectQuery.  Especially
look at AggregateTranslator.createSqlString().

The example code using it might also help you:

https://github.com/mrg/cbe/blob/master/FetchingObjects/Aggregates/src/main/java/cbe/fetching/Aggregates.java

mrg