cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Willerding <awillerd...@itsurcom.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne 4.0 and logging
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 18:14:58 GMT
Thank you Alex.  Your reply got me going on the right track and I've
been able to make the changes to log4j2 to take back control of the
Cayenne logging once again.

I don't use Maven so for the record I added the two jar files you
pointed out below to my project, added the Logger settings you also
detailed below and "like magic"
, it all came together.

On 05/11/2015 10:43 AM, Alex Kolonitsky wrote:
> Cayenne uses apache commons logging as logging interface and if you want to use log4j2
implementation you must include dependency to log4j-core and log4j-jcl  <https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/maven-artifacts.html#Apache_Commons_Logging_Bridge>bridge
library:

> <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.logging.log4j</groupId>
>      <artifactId>log4j-core</artifactId>
>      <version>2.2</version>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.logging.log4j</groupId>
>      <artifactId>log4j-jcl</artifactId>
>      <version>2.2</version>
> </dependency>
>
> and create log4j2.xml in classpath. For instance lines below turn off logging for me:
>
> <Logger name="org.apache.cayenne" level="off">
>      <AppenderRef ref="Console"/>
> </Logger>
>

>> On May 11, 2015, at 5:24 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/05/2015 11:51pm, Andrew Willerding wrote:
>>> For my new project with the log4j2 libraries, I have created a log4j.properties
file with the appropriate settings but the cayenne logging is still in INFO mode.  And I'm
not sure where to place the log4j.properties file so it can be found by Cayenne.
>> log4j version 2 uses an xml configuration file, not a properties file. Also, because
Cayenne is hooked into the old log4j version 1 library, you'll need the compatibility library
for log4jv2 that let's it accept the old API.