cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Traversing relationships in DataRow queries?
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:38:15 GMT
This is perfect, thank you :). Couple of additional questions though:

1) When fetching data rows, can I limit the set of fields fetched, i.e. is there an equivalent
to EOF’s EOFetchSpecification.setRawRowKeyPaths( NSArray )?

2) When specifying the prefetch, why do I have to addPrefetch( A.SOME_REL.joint() ) instead
of just doing addPrefetch( “someRel” )? When traversing further relationships, is this
the correct way? :

q.addPrefetch( PrefetchTreeNode.withPath( "shop.chain", 1 ) );

Cheers,
- hugi

// Hugi Thordarson
// http://www.loftfar.is/ <http://www.loftfar.is/>
// s. 895-6688

> On 31. okt. 2014, at 10:34, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> If I understand the task correctly, a combination of JOINT prefetching and "data rows"
should probably do the trick:

>  SelectQuery<A> query = new SelectQuery<>(A.class);
>  query.addPrefetch(A.SOME_REL.joint());
>  query.setFetchingDataRows(true);
>
> Andrus
>
>> On Oct 31, 2014, at 1:14 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Once again, I’m looking into migrating to Cayenne from EOF :). One question though:
Our code depends heavily on raw row fetching (data rows) that traverses relationships. I haven’t
looked much at the Cayenne code, but do you believe adding support for this to Cayenne would
be a huge undertaking? Or does Cayenne perhaps provide an alternative method to achieve the
same results?

>> Cheers,
>> - hugi
>>
>> PS: My apologies for the previous post, which my brain for some reason decided to
post as an answer to an older thread. I’m still on my first cup of coffee, and it’s a
really Monday-ish Friday up here.