cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: DataObject accessor names - ditching the "get" prefix
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:09:53 GMT

> On Apr 1, 2015, at 3:57 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Also, is class file generation accessible via an API or otherwise supported outside of
the Modeler?

I use Maven and cgen (same works with Ant):

http://cayenne.apache.org/docs/4.0/cayenne-guide/including-cayenne-in-project.html#maven-projects

so the classes are re-synced with the model on every build.

> One convenient feature of WOLips (when using EOF) is autogeneration of classes every
time the model changes. If this doesn’t currently exist in Cayenne I’d like to implement
it.

Older versions of Eclipse were even able to run maven cgen task on project refresh. Haven't
checked with the latest ones. Worst case, you'd run Maven manually from command line.

Andrus