cayenne-user mailing list archives

From tgiaccone <tgiacc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Cayenne 4.0 M2 released
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:49:16 GMT
I've experienced a problem, with the new modeler.

I've downloaded the new Cayenne 4.0 M2 on two different mac's one
running jdk 1.8 and the other running 1.7.0_65 and in both instances
reverse engineering didn't work.

In each case I started a new model, added a datanode, selected a
Postgres DataSource that I was using with the previous version of the
modeler and selected reverse engineer database schema. I had to manually
select the public schema, and once that was done a new datamap was added
but none of the tables were present in the map.

The log file shows:

    Mar 23, 2015 6:40:44 AM
    INFO: Starting CayenneModeler.
    Mar 23, 2015 6:40:44 AM
    INFO: JRE v.1.8.0_25 at /Library/Internet
    Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
    Mar 23, 2015 6:43:25 AM
    DEBUG: will show progress...
    Mar 23, 2015 6:43:25 AM
    DEBUG: will show progress...
    Mar 23, 2015 6:43:29 AM
    INFO: Schema loading...
    Mar 23, 2015 6:43:29 AM
    DEBUG: will show progress...

The version of the jdbc driver for postgres was 9.3-1102.jdbc3.jar

The tables all have lower case names.

Tony Giaccone

On 3/19/15 3:13 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I am glad to announce a very important and long-overdue milestone release. As you may
know already, we renamed version 3.2 to 4.0 as the scope had been vastly expanded. So 4.0.M2
is a direct successor of 3.2M1. Lots of very exciting new features: